Saturday 9 April 2011

Presentation/ writing

OK so had to do a presentation on Friday talking about our work and discussing our thought process etc. went OK despite not having prepared any notes etc before getting up and presenting. mad a power point show to go give me something to talk about and act as a reference point for both myself and the audience. They main thrust of my presentation was to be an outlining of the struggle I have been going through in the past month or two since the project space and how I have resolved to return to my previous process of making work as a solution to the impasse I have found myself at.

This has been underlined by the writing I am doing at the moment. Currently working on an essay assignment about an object biography, basically writing objectively about a piece of work or something similar that highlights a specific part of your practice, a sort of miniature case study. Started writing this in a very traditional format, arguing my case with questions and responses and quotes from various "certified" sources. I then decided to delete everything. This fresh start gave me the opportunity to be a bit more creative with the writing, allowing me to analyse a part of my practice (that of the collection of old information/ detritus/ ephemera) from a very abstract angle. I am happy with the results of this form of writing and will post it up once i have completely finished it.

In the mean time here are the video clips i used in my presentation the first is a snippit from John Berger's 1972 documentary "Ways of Seeing". The second is a clip from Frankenstein (1931) directed by James Whale



1 comment:

  1. I thought the presentation was good! very clear and to the point. It's always useful to identify a problem you've been having and then show how you have/intend to get over it. Well done

    ReplyDelete