Thursday 3 November 2011

oh shit does this make me a sculptor...

It seems I can no longer get by without now being referred to as a sculptor, apparently referring to what I do as "3d collages" doesn't cut it.

Went to visit a friend of mine doing the illustration masters and she introduced me to her contemporaries as: "this is Gregor he's a sculptor" . 

Not entirely sure how I feel about being pigeon holed like this, I guess it kinda balances out the fact that I used to call myself a printmaker when the general term of artist would be more applicable. Makes the age old question "so what do you do?" even harder to answer without sounding like either a rambling fool who cant seem to make their mind up or a complete pompous ass.

1 comment:

  1. Dude just aswer like Brian from spaced anger, pain, fear and aggression

    ReplyDelete