Thursday 26 January 2012

5 Prints a week!




Start of five prints in a week project, original premise- attempt to loosen up my practice by doing a series every week of free association prints using any images and text that draws my eye.

In a sense this is going back to my original method of working where i would arrive in the studio and produce several separations that would be printed and in turn these prints would be reacted to by returning to the studio to prep layers specifically for them throwing in abit of editing/ trials on the fly. So have stared producing a set os separations for my first print, though this one has started to become abit too "involved" already but its just the start after building up a selection of seps i will be able to drop in and pull back various selections as i go. The only foreseeable problem will be workshop rules as i have to pay per screen i use and cant really use my own screen emulsion on my own screens (the technicians coat the screens for students!) anyway will try to work around this. Now back to the photocopier and scanner!

No comments:

Post a Comment