Monday 26 September 2011

What we do

Had been asked for our first project space this year to get a member of our family to write a short bit about what they think we do. I got my mother father and brother to all write a short piece and then selected the one i thought most appropriate or at least the one i found most interesting! This turned out to be my father's, who is probably the person in our household most "out of the loop" with regards to what it is i think i do. I also realised that despite making work the only real view the other people in my family get of what it is that i do comes from them seeing me collecting rubbish and "scraps" and the flow of this through the house and into the studio with very little evidence of the finished articles. Despite all being written separately all three show similar interpretations.   




Fathers

mothers

Brothers

1 comment:

  1. Liking your blog mate. Somehow makes me feel a bit more inspired. Am on the rollercoaster again. My blog's gone all dull with knowledge it will be looked at BY TUTORS, euurrghhh! Love the look of that carving. Must come and explore and twist about on the barbers chair! x

    ReplyDelete