Wednesday 9 May 2012

Last Minute tutorials

So managed to have a last minute tutorial with Graeme Todd today, this for me helped resolve hanging issues which has been a struggle over the past few days as my original ideas on configuration (having everything hanging in one random block) I shelved after doing a trial run over the weekend and deciding that it just didn't bring anything to the work and that with the amount of information on display it made for a very confusing aesthetic so after various discussions with others I thought I had settled upon a line of plaster discs hung in loose groups of mixed sizes. This would create the sense of reading something written which is an important part of this work. In discussions with William Mokrynski one of my fellow MFA's he brought up the idea of snippets of information heard while tuning the radio etc, which I was immediately drawn to.

Anyway back to the tutorial.. Graeme was quite insistent on giving the loose grouping another try and Im pleased to say It pulled me back on track, the problem originally had been the floor and not giving enough breathing space to the individual pieces which was desperately needed as due to the information contained on them and the float mounts they need that extra room around them to stop them melding into one large confusing mass.


anyway some pics of various trials...  










No comments:

Post a Comment