Saturday 7 April 2012

Tutorial blues

Had a brief tutorial with Kenny Hunter on Friday, went ok was left feeling slightly confused as after arranging the tutorial/ chat I realised I had no idea what I wanted to discuss really, which as myself and Kenny haven't really ever had an in- depth discussion of my work or where it comes from meant the discussion was a little forced. Anyway wanted another point of view as the only person tutor wise I have had any contact with over the past year has been Graham Todd which while being greatly beneficial and interesting it is always nice to get another perspective.

From the whole discussion Kenny seemed more interested in the carved door than my plaster prints which is nice though led to me questioning the relevance of this new work and whether it really is an organic continuation of the door piece though he did mention that there definitely was a connection between the two pieces, whether this was a bad or a good thing in his opinion was not apparent. Anyway we discussed turning the door into more of a sculptural object having it displayed mounted on supports in the room rather than wall mounted as I had originally thought. All in all it was an ok meeting though more questions than answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment